Saturday, September 15, 2012

Reminders and Updates

We made it through the first full week of school! The kids are doing an AMAZING job during Daily Five! Our reading stamina during Daily Five is 20 minutes.  That is 20 minutes of students reading to self, work on writing, or listening to books while being focus the entire time.  They are really excited about this big achievement and I am so proud of them.

Starting in October, we will be using the binders daily during calendar time so please make sure your child bring in his/her binder before October 1st.  If you have any questions/concerns, please let me know.

I want to take this time to apologize for any confusion with homework folder and home-school connection folder.  I know this can be a bit overwhelming.  Homework folder are due on Friday and will be return with new weekly homework assignments on Monday.  The home-school connection folder are due daily.  By doing so, important information will be sent home immediately rather then having to wait until the end of the week.  Please be sure to check your child's folder daily and take out papers that are not required to be return back to school.

Every Wednesday we are going to the library.  Students will not take home their library book until January. 

I am changing the water bottle policy and I am now allowing students to bring their own water bottle into the classroom. 

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at stnguyen1@seattleschools.org, call me, or schedule a time and we can meet.

We are off to a great start and I am looking forward to this school year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment